MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URL for Custom Profile Field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I need to add Custom Profile Field for URL, but as I read, looks like HTML is not allowed. Any idea how I can add an extra field for URL? In my case, this field will not be editable by Users, only Admins.

Thank you.
umm .. anyone? Smile
So you want it clickable, yeah?? I think it might parse URLs in a text box but I can't check right now...
Hello!

I have the same question. Is it possible to make a custom field clickable link?

e.g. To make a custom profile field obligatory, so that user has to enter a link in it at registration and when somebody checks out that user's profile they can click on that link.

I've searched this forum and this seems to be the only topic about it (at least the only one i found) and still has no answer Sad

Is it possible by editing template or is mod needed? If it's possible to do it by editing template, please write the code and point to the bit that should be edited.

Also is it possible to cloak it (like <a href="www.link.com">My Link</a>) and My Link to be the text in every user's custom profile field but to be linked to the link they provide. I hope I explained it well.
I think this plugin can help you:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-62756.html
Thanks for a fast reply.

It doesn't really do what I need, I need template editing so that user just puts in a link at registration e.g. www.mybboard.net and later, when you click on his/her profile that link to say my fav site. The text should be the same (everyone has my fav site) but the words should be linked to the link they left at registration.

With this mod I'd have to do it by hand - or to describe the custom field with the instructions to input
[url=your link HERE]my fav site[/url]
in that field, unfortunately not everyone will do it properly so there'll be a lot of editing profiles for me Sad