MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error No. 2005: Unknown MySQL server host...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just updated my forum from 1.4.8 to 1.4.9 patched. Over an hour later of the forum working fine i am now getting this error

"Error No. 2005: Unknown MySQL server host..."

I have not made any changes to the site.
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If everything there is OK, contact your host and see if they know anything about it. If you haven't changed any database/server settings, chances are they have, or they might be having another problem.
I do have another forum on the same host and it seems to be working fine and dandy, is there anything I can do myself?
Sorry, I edited my post, I added a link to a page of common errors, including this one, which explains what to do... if everything's correct though, everything you can check at your end would have been checked.
This is strange because I have just checked the host name is correct as per the link you showed me and it is. I have the correct info entered.
Is your hostname something other than localhost?? If it is, they may have changed it; it isn't unheard of for hosts to change this but not tell their users straight away.
It's a specific thing. *databasename*.db.*number*.hostedresource.com
I checked config file and this was weird "$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';"

Notice the i on the end.
Database type should be fine, the i means it's MySQL Improved.

As for the host name then, it's possible it could have changed... I'd open a support ticket with your host and just check to see if it has.
What i don't understand is how randomly the site can go fully down then just the database. I managed to download the database via php my admin
Mine also says Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
I am to having this problem. Seems to just start today. It says

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2005 - Unknown MySQL server host 'computerama101.db.5220151.hostedresource.com' (2)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

the URL to this is http://computeramaspokane.com/forum/index.php. Ill call my host and see what they say. Good luck.
Ok My Board is back up the Error 2005 is no longer. I did not get a chance to call my host but I think they are having some problems. Good luck.