MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fixed Table width or Marquee width ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello ,

I was trying to make my first Mybb plugin whcih is so so so so not complex , lol . It is really simple , just the last 10 threads of the member in his postbit . There is a plugin which put the last 10 threads after signature . but it would look better if it is in the posbit in Marquee going up . It would only be nice for classic Postbit .

A lot of words up there , The problem is :
when I tried the plugin , only half the subject of the thread appeared while the rest disappeared (because I think they just complete the line instead of starting a new line) .

I posted this in CHit CHat because it is a general HTML question .

Thanks
Alwahsh
So You need to make the table wider?

Then just add <table width="PX OR PERCENT" height="PX OR PERCENT">
thanks for reply ,
I want to make the table with wixed width . I mean if the text inside it is one widw line , it starts a new line instead of becoming wider .
Use this Table

<table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="10">
<tr>
<td width="50%" valign="top">TEXT</td>
<td width="50%" valign="top">TEXT</td>
</tr>
</table>

Change the width="100%" to reflect how wide you want the table to be and then change the td widht="50%" to how wide you want that cell to be.
Thanks for this , but I tried this before , still when the number of characters exceed the table width , the table becomes wider instead of starting a new line .
more explanation :
I want the table's width to be fixed while the height is flexible and can change according to the number of characters
I can't think of anyway to do it. But, a quick google search provides some.

http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/20..._too_wide/
Thanks for that site , useful , but I'm still having the problem . I'm still working on it .
The cells are always going to move around
however the width if the full table should be constant