MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Your IP address is not valid for this session"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I am Mr blue.
I got this problem again.
Every time i click something on Admin CP I get this message
"Your IP address is not valid for this session"

All my cookie settings is correct
I reset my router
i cleared all cookies on my browser

Please!
Its so irritating
I love mybb so much.
best forum software ever.
Your cookie settings probably are not correct. Post them please.
My domain is : http://promotionboards.co.cc/forum
Cookie domain : .promotionboards.co.cc
Cookie Path: /forum/
This was kinda solved in the sticky thread, it's because of a dynamic IP clashing with the IP in the session, resetting the router works until the IP changes again, I don't know how often it changes, but that seems to be what causes it... when people have had this in the past, resetting the router works but it comes back when the IP changes again. Thing is, my IP's dynamic and it's always fine for me... I don't know a proper fix for it.
If that's the case then logging out of admincp should work so that a new session can start.

Here is my assumption of what's happening.

1. User logs into admincp
2. Gets a session with IP
3. A new IP is given
4. User tries to access admin but session does not match IP

So assume that the session needs to be killed whenever you log out of the admincp. So use the LOG OUT of the admincp whenever you can.

MyBB saves the session info in database so it's not enough probably to clear the local info on your puter (cookies).
when i used to host mybb at home I solved the same issue here by pointing my domain name to a dyndns name and hosting the dyndns on the same machine of mybb... before I had my domain pointed to my ip and thats why it does this cause dynamic ips can change at any time .. but dyndns names follow you so you dont need to continue to keep changing your ip ... maybe I could be way off on whats happening but I know I had fixxed my problem by going with DYNDNS and pointing my domain name to DYNDNS and everything was fine afterwards on my home network.

Most routers today come equipped and have the DYNDNS settings in side them .. so that should be preety easy afterwards plus making sure you are on the same router ip .. again thats easy also to set a static ip inside your computer which is hosting a mybb site.
Can you help me guys?
please
Follow Labrocca's advice.

(2009-09-22, 08:10 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]If that's the case then logging out of admincp should work so that a new session can start.

Here is my assumption of what's happening.

1. User logs into admincp
2. Gets a session with IP
3. A new IP is given
4. User tries to access admin but session does not match IP

So assume that the session needs to be killed whenever you log out of the admincp. So use the LOG OUT of the admincp whenever you can.

MyBB saves the session info in database so it's not enough probably to clear the local info on your puter (cookies).
Will do!
Bump!
I was saying i still need help!
I can't really start a forum
and i want mybb so badly
Pages: 1 2