MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB supporters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think it would be a good idea to maybe create a group for everyone that donates towards the development / financing of MyBB. Instead of someone donating and having nothing to show for it, maybe a grand total of donations via profile and a "supporter" usergroup of some sort ?

I personally know what its like to run a website and do all the development and have no support or help etc....so if you like MyBB ---> DONATE Big Grin
(2009-09-22, 08:27 PM)ch3m!c@L Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would be a good idea to maybe create a group for everyone that donates towards the development / financing of MyBB. Instead of someone donating and having nothing to show for it, maybe a grand total of donations via profile and a "supporter" usergroup of some sort ?

I personally know what its like to run a website and do all the development and have no support or help etc....so if you like MyBB ---> DONATE Big Grin

I would donate to MyBB if I could, but I would definitely not donate just to be "special". That kind of stuff puts me off donating.
In other words, it's not a good idea.
Quote:I would donate to MyBB if I could

And that's the problem with donations. I am sure the amount of donations MyBB actually recieves is pathetic in comparison to the users. If they get 10 donations a month I would be completely shocked. I personally think MyBB should work toward a sponsor to at least give them a free server in exchange for advertising. The server is probably their biggest cost. Also I would like to see each staff member have at least an Amazon Gift Registry.

But overall...most won't donate and come up with excuses why they can't.
(2009-09-22, 08:44 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I would donate to MyBB if I could
But overall...most won't donate and come up with excuses why they can't.

x's 2...lol
(2009-09-22, 08:44 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I personally think MyBB should work toward a sponsor to at least give them a free server in exchange for advertising. The server is probably their biggest cost.

I think this would be good idea as well. I can't imagine it would be to hard to find a sponsor(I know my host has sponsored projects in the past). But, don't they colo? That helps some but still.
I would be willing to be a post at WHT would result in a sponsor.
Imagine if they didn't have server costs. Toungue

I hope to see Mybb have some type of sponsor instead of a donating group that you basically buy yourself in.
i would have already registered and subscribed in every mybb forum i know
and of course donate to mybb cause
but im just 18 and i do not have a credit card...
=/
I just donated a little bit a few seconds ago, but donations aren't really something, imo, that need to be made overly public. A lot of time people just donate to be a hero, but that's not something to look up to imo...

A thank you letter would be good enough for me Toungue
I like to express I donated in the hopes it encourages others.
Pages: 1 2 3