MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error Message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I keep on getting the following error in the evenings when traffic is high:

MyBB SQL Error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1135 - Can't create a new thread (errno 12); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

or

SQL Error:
1203 - User vampirecounts_n already has more than 'max_user connections' active connections
Query:

or

SQL Error:
1030 - Got error 12 from storage engine
Query:
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache

Is it because I have not yet upgraded to the latest MyBB? I am running 1.4.4.
1st one: Not sure on the specifics that cause it but it's to do with the host.
2nd one: They need to raise your max_user_connections setting.
3rd one: Host again.

If you're getting all these, either they're a bad host, or you've out-grown them.
It's FatCow and I've just signed up to them! they came highly recommended, Any suggestions on what I should say to them?
Well, they may just be having some temporary server problems, but personally, I'd be a bit cautious if there were this many errors so soon... if you give them the exact errors you posted here, they should know what to do with them.
Thank you. I have sent them a copy of the errors so I will see what they say.
Is this one the host as well:

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'vampirecounts_n'@'cgi0504.int.bizland.net' (using password: YES)
Query:
Check your config.php file..make sure you have no spaces in the password or username field and that you do indeed have the correct info.
(2009-09-22, 10:10 PM)Disciple of Nagash Wrote: [ -> ]Is it because I have not yet upgraded to the latest MyBB? I am running 1.4.4.

I highly suggest you upgrade to the latest version(1.4.9). Wink
(2009-09-22, 10:21 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Check your config.php file..make sure you have no spaces in the password or username field and that you do indeed have the correct info.

Sorry, how do I do that? I am quite new to this...........I can't access my site at all now!
I missed that bit but yeah, upgrade ASAP, 1.4.4 was released in November 2008, there's been 5 releases since then, some with critical security patches.

Upgrading: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Other error: [Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Being on 1.4.4 won't be causing any of these errors, though.
Can I do a straight upgrade to 1.4.9? Please remember I am new at this.

Also, how can I turn my board off if I can't access it?

Also, can you please advise how I do a backup, as when I did one out of the Admin CP I got a file about 4MB big, far too small.

There is a file directory on FatCow, so if I download the root file, does that contain everything, posts etc?
Pages: 1 2 3