MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recognition for 'Free Anonymous Surfer' user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again

one more question, please: is there a possibility for people who use free anonymous surfing web tools to login on MyBB and stay there recognized? They are well able to register, they are also able to login, but they stay "guests" even they are registered users. What can we do?

I just tried it on your forum, doesn't work here too. Use this free surfing url: http://anonymouse.org/ and try to login on your forum ;-) There are forums, where it IS possible, just tried it myself.

Thanks in advance for any answer.
Maybe that proxy doesn't allow cookies?

I just tried it with tntproxy.com on my board and i stay logged in and can post.
Hi Dronis

I just tried it on my forum, it works .. that's great, you have given me the solution for a lot of problems. I think that I have found out, why most of our users aren't able to log in. I watched them, looking for their IP addresses and I found out that nearly nobody is using his own IP. So I tried it too with these Free Anonymous Surfer pages with the same result as our users ;-)

Great ! Thanks a lot.

edit: ... The only one thing, the user is not able to answer. I got the following answer: ""Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button."" With the quick answer, I can see the preview but I get the same answer when I try to post.. (I tried it with a few words only).

Any solution? How did you manage it to answer?
Not sure what the problem is since you are not uploading anything...

I can post, reply, do everything as far as i can see...

Maybe there is something wrong with cookiesettings on your board??

Just thinking out loud here
If you are getting a php upload error it means either the proxy or your server has a limit set on the maximum file size of uploads. To get past that problem either stop using the proxy or check your host's php settings Smile
(2009-09-23, 05:51 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are getting a php upload error it means either the proxy or your server has a limit set on the maximum file size of uploads. To get past that problem either stop using the proxy or check your host's php settings Smile
Hello again

I tried it here on this forum too and I got just the same answer. But meanwhile I tried some other proxy sites and I have found some sites were people can login and post anonymous. I am still thinking about if we really want that people post without that we are able to see their IP.

But thanks a lot for your answers, it gives us a chance to help our users who won't login with their real IP.