MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS3 now in IE... even IE6!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://blog.chromium.org/2009/09/introdu...frame.html

Now, people who are forced to use IE, especially old versions, can see websites the way everybody else sees them for a change Big Grin

Now all we need is for Microsoft to implement it themselves :|
I think it's a good idea but, anyone that is bothered about a good browsing experience will just use Chrome/Firefox etc.

Also, i know you say people who are forced, but really any company/school etc should upgrade to a newer browser.
So I get the compliance of Google Chrome and the ASP compatibility of IE7? As long as this doesn't break my school/work ASP pages like Chrome does I'll be happy to use it. Big Grin

EDIT: Or maybe this means my ASP pages will finally display correctly on Google Chrome so I can finally switch back. Score! Smile
(2009-09-23, 10:36 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]So I get the compliance of Google Chrome and the ASP compatibility of IE7? As long as this doesn't break my school/work ASP pages like Chrome does I'll be happy to use it. Big Grin

EDIT: Or maybe this means my ASP pages will finally display correctly on Google Chrome so I can finally switch back. Score! Smile

I don't see why ASP pages won't work just as well in Chrome as they do IE, it's server side. (I hope you mean Active Server pages)
For a second there, i thought this was a dity little joke. IE won't visit on IE7 This site and click the button. Notice the unfixed bug http://www.crashthisthing.com/select.html >_> And caboom. Most others are fixed. Not Ie8 belowe.
(2009-09-23, 10:42 AM)Jakee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-23, 10:36 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]So I get the compliance of Google Chrome and the ASP compatibility of IE7? As long as this doesn't break my school/work ASP pages like Chrome does I'll be happy to use it. Big Grin

I don't see why ASP pages won't work just as well in Chrome as they do IE, it's server side. (I hope you mean Active Server pages)

No idea why either. I just installed the latest versions of Chrome and Opera. My school's student site displays normally (although I don't have online classes so I cannot test that out yet, but last time I did it messed me up a lot). I tested some web based tools for work and they both display the same in Opera and Chrome but they look completely different than IE7 and missing a lot of functionality so it looks like I'm stuck with IE7 still and I'm afraid to try this new plugin now. Sad
So the only way for IE to properly use CSS3 is to... turn it into Chrome??...

Undecided
(2009-09-23, 03:26 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]So the only way for IE to properly use CSS3 is to... turn it into Chrome??...

Undecided

Yep, I'm sure you love the idea of that Toungue

Quite a clever idea though.
But it won't happen....

On IE7 try the link below

the button. Notice the unfixed bug http://www.crashthisthing.com/select.html