MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem with installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the zipped file, unzipped it. I used filezilla to upload it and made the changes to CHMOD. When I browse to the directory all I see are the files. No installation. I am new at this, but followed the tutorial in wiki. I have searched the help forum. I have repeated the process 3 times thinking I made a mistake. My host is myhosting.com. I checked MySQL it is an up to date version. Where did I go wrong? Any and all help would be reatly appeciated.

Matt
You need to go to yoursite.com/install/index.php and run through the wizard.
Matt, Thanks for the quick reply. I found that some software on my home PC was causing the index.php not to run. I still have an issue. Here is the directory. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. www.corntagious.net/forum/install.

Thank you,
Matt
Well the route for installation is
http://www.corntagious.net/forum/install/index.php
But when i access i only see the php file

=/ did you installed a php server?
Hmm, it's asking you to download the file when you visit it, do you know where the settings are for directory listings??
No...Iam a newb at this. I didn't know about the php. I did setup the MySQL database.
Looks like myhosting account is running Windows Server2003. They will need to update to Windows Server 2008 for php support. That is what they told me. I will be back once I get it updated.

Thanks,
Matt
(2009-09-23, 04:28 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, it's asking you to download the file when you visit it, do you know where the settings are for directory listings??

No...I'm not sure.
(2009-09-23, 04:36 PM)corntagious Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like myhosting account is running Windows Server2003. They will need to update to Windows Server 2008 for php support.

WAT

Is there in the world any hosting that does not have php server?......

i can't believe it =/