MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why is mass email sent to banned users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just sent a happy new year to all my members and I noticed that it sent it to banned users as well.

Why does MyBB send mail to banned users by default. I think it should be turned off.
If they're temporarily banned users, then they should have whatever mail you send them anyway (like if you email everyone about an update to your policies, it's probably a good idea for your banned users to know as well).

If you don't want emails sent to banned users, then just check all the other usergroups besides the Banned usergroup in the mass mail page.
Ok. But at least there should be a check to see if the member ban is temporary or permanent and not send mails to permanently banned users. (I don't have a temporary ban policy on my board. Bans are reserved for the worst offences and there's no coming back unless they contact me by mail and request to be reinstated with explanations)

Anyway, I'll do as you suggest. Not planning to use mass mail much, but when I do it would be nice if permanently banned users are not emailed unless the option is specially set.

Regards