MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two forums, one user database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to have two forums on one domain and only use one database for the users? So if you register for one of them you automatically register for the other. Still, everything else should get info from their own database.

I thought I would try to make one international forum on a sub domain of my swedish version. I have pretty much modifications and custom pages so changing the languages would not be enough...

Would be great if anyone could help with this Big Grin
or tell me I can't do it... Confused
It is physically possible, but of all the people that have asked, I've never heard anyone ever successfully doing it.
Ok, then it's pretty hard... and I don't have all the knowledge about php and mysql Toungue
Thanks for answering anyway Smile
(2009-09-23, 06:12 PM)Barzy Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have two forums on one domain and only use one database for the users? So if you register for one of them you automatically register for the other. Still, everything else should get info from their own database.

I thought I would try to make one international forum on a sub domain of my swedish version. I have pretty much modifications and custom pages so changing the languages would not be enough...

Would be great if anyone could help with this Big Grin
or tell me I can't do it... Confused

Swedish version? You got a Swedish lang pack for 1.4 or what? Just wondering since im making one now. UndecidedBig Grin
My custom sites contains a lot of facts in Swedish Wink I have translated just a bit myself, but would great if you could upload your pack Smile Too lazy to finish it xD
Do you have much left translating?
The easiest method I can think of is having 3 databases set up, 2 for the forums, and one global DB for mybb_users from which both other DB's have access. Not an easy task I'm sure.
Yeah... Sounds like the easiest, but still hard. I'll see what I find Smile Thanks for the tip Smile
yes it is possible
for this while installing it should ask u for table prefix use any prefix
Yes but to make this work you're going to either need two databases with the same prefix, or one database with two different prefixes, so simply specifying a different prefix when you install isn't anywhere near enough... this needs core file edits, to change the prefixes when the users table is queried... it's a lot of work, would be a pain to manage and keep track of when updating versions, and I'd be extremely surprised if it didn't have unexpected side effects, plugins would have issues, and we couldn't debug it properly here because of the different setup.
(2009-09-24, 09:11 AM)Barzy Wrote: [ -> ]My custom sites contains a lot of facts in Swedish Wink I have translated just a bit myself, but would great if you could upload your pack Smile Too lazy to finish it xD
Do you have much left translating?

Yeah, i have a lot left. Confused Sleepy