MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem adding recurring events to calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
* Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
I keep getting an error message about "Using the start and end times along with the event repetition settings, this event won't occur." when I try to add recurring events that repeat on the first (or second, third, forth) weekday of any given month. In other words, I don't have this problem if I specify an exact day (3rd, 17th, etc.), I only have the problem if it's one of those holidays that falls on a different date each year.
I've tried it both with the fields for start and end time empty, and tried it with them filled as well.

* URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page http://nutellaforum.com/calendar.php

* New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)? new installation of 1.4.8

* Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue) Will create one if necessary

* Screenshot or error text, verbatim
Using the start and end times along with the event repetition settings, this event won't occur.

I'm also attaching a screenshot because I wonder if the section of the form with the start and end dates is really supposed to still be on the screen after I click the radio button for "Repeats on the..."
I was getting that same error too. You just have to change the year to a different year to make it work. (For some reason). It's rather arbitrary and not very intuitive.