MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I have a question.

Can MyBB run on 2 databases some what like Vb but not the same. I was thinking of making a custom page that would have archived topics from the main forum page. Almost like a mirrored version of the main forums but would only contain archived topics from selected forums set as read only.

The ideal way I think would be to have an extra option in the Inline moderation menu so it was like so.
"Move Thread"
"Copy Thread"
"Move Thread to Archive"

I am not asking for a plugin or anything I just need to know if it is possible with the current configuration of the way MyBB is set up now ?
You can already set up forums as read only, why would you go through the trouble of linking the databases together?
(2009-09-26, 05:04 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]You can already set up forums as read only, why would you go through the trouble of linking the databases together?

You don't understand what I am talking about. The larger a database grows the slower the board becomes or ANY board for that matter. Why would I want post that are 2 years old taking up space ?

The solution is an archive page independent of the main database to free up space on it and speed the forums up. And the answer to my question is yes and I have already set it up on my board and was a lot easier than I thought it would be.
(2009-09-27, 05:51 PM)wolfgang2025 Wrote: [ -> ]You don't understand what I am talking about. The larger a database grows the slower the board becomes or ANY board for that matter.

Well, typically they do, yes. I don't see why you would even bother archiving them though, just get more power or prune old posts.

Quote:Why would I want post that are 2 years old taking up space ?

I don't know, so why are you retaining them if you don't want them? Prune them.

Quote:The solution is an archive page independent of the main database to free up space on it and speed the forums up. And the answer to my question is yes and I have already set it up on my board and was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Okay, great, whatever floats your boat.