MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: import from SMF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm interesting in this import script too =)
At the moment, we don't currently have an import script from SMF and don't really have an estimate on when one will be finished.

We want to make room for importers into our schedule, but first we need to clear up some remaining issues.

You can always try to convert from SMF to PhpBB, then to MyBB from PhpBB. It's a long process, and may be a bit "dodgy", but several people have already done so from other boards such as IPB.
I don't believe that a converter exists. Sad (SMF to PhpBB)
if nobody else won't ... contact me via pm.

But i need an backup of all files & database. And it can take some time to finish.
I hope this script will come soon so that I can import my forum. MyBB is so much better than SMF. Smile
I would also like to see this script ... mybb looks excellent
Exodus Wrote:I hope this script will come soon so that I can import my forum. MyBB is so much better than SMF. Smile

It is. Rest assured...it is.
devnet Wrote:
Exodus Wrote:I hope this script will come soon so that I can import my forum. MyBB is so much better than SMF. Smile

It is. Rest assured...it is.

I am examining this board too as a possible replacement for two SMF boards, but a translator is essential. It's now 7 months since the promise that it's coming. Where do you stand on this?

Peace,
Gene
We will release official converters after the release of MyBB 1.4. There's no release date for 1.4 yet.

Further information: http://www.surfionline.com/archives/2006...ou-import/
Pages: 1 2 3