MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
First off, thanks Chris Smile One reputation point Smile

Secondly, Matt Light, I told you I knew php, I never told you I know PHP WELL. Im still learning and so need help from time to time. :p

As for learning faster, its the truth, I have never lied outside of my family :p I am usless at searching, ask any of my teachers (they have to get the info/links for me). If direct links and/or code is given to me, I will be able to use it and remember it.

as for the if statment, it was about 10pm and I was tired.

But here is another question, everything works as it should, except it dont work :p It process's but doesn't delete. Everyhting is correct (code as chris said). Any ideas
Knowing PHP means that you at least know the basic syntax. I'm not going to argue with you about whether or not you "know PHP." I can care less if you know PHP well or if you can only write simple programs. Sure... if I taught my cat that PHP programs start with "<?php" and end with "?>" I could say my cat knows PHP but that isn't going to do my cat, myself, or any of the rest of the world any good.

If you think I'm being harsh about you asking all of these questions, fine. I'm not the only one who thinks you need to do some reading. I'm sure the people over at the DevShed Forums will answer all your questions... they may even write the entire program for you.

Edit: BTW, don't use 10pm as an excuse. If you can't program that late then don't... and especially don't ask for support when you are so tired that you can't think straight. Sometimes I stay up until 1am coding and if I run into a problem I'll get irritated, complain to Chris, and then go to bed. I'm not saying I don't ask for help sometimes because I do... but you've had Chris and some others write most of your code for you. That's not support, that's free programming.
Mr. Light, are you jealous? Want me to finish off MX for you? Wink Hehe.. just kidding.

I was up to 2am lastnight working on a quick permissions thingy for MyBB. I suppose you can have a screenshot too.. But I wouldn't call that late - due to my sleeping habits.. Toungue
I don't know why you stay up 'til 2am Toungue I stay up late so I can bug my only friend... you. Like I said... you deserve the Nobel Peace Prize for Patience Smile

And oh... yes I'm jealous. I've been waiting for you to offer to finish MX for me Wink Would you mind blogging for me, too? I'll give you my wireless access key to my brain so you can know what happened in my day Big Grin
Its still a very friendly community. Toungue Why not hit Ebay and buy a PHP book? PHP books can help you. Smile Or I could sell you one of my books. They are pretty thrashed though. I had them in my backpack for 6 months when I was reading them at work.
opps, edited my post (meant to say is Smile ) As for ebay, I have no cash Sad and the libraries around here dont suply those types of book.

As for your ones, thanks for the offer, but no thanks. Like I said before, I have no cash to buy the book, let alone pay shipping, handing etc etc.
k776, age doesn't matter. I can careless if you were 5. Like I said, asking for help isn't a bad thing but it seems you want it done for you. If you're really wanting to learn then why don't you read some tutorials. I know you say your useless at searching but I really don't think you tried very hard... go to google and search for php tutorial. The top three (PHP.net, Web Monkey, and DevShed) are the web sites I use most. Quite frankly, though, I learned PHP directly from the PHP manual. (as did Chris, I think)
Problem 2

You're doing this:

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM download_items WHERE id='$id'");
$download = mysql_fetch_array($query);

Which assigns the download information to $downloads, not $index like you're calling it via later in the script..

change to:

$download = mysql_fetch_array($query);

I will have a look at the other one later.
ok, changed and the files uploaded..............

and I get an error. See http://www.linuxbox.co.nz/~kieran/

(im gonna try and get the edit form first)
Pages: 1 2 3 4