MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning System Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am having a problem with the Warning system on Mybb. You see I put a level on so when you reach %30 you are suspended from posting for an hour but my friend got warned on accident and now he cant post it says "You dont have permission to access this page" when he trys. Please help me, thank you.

URL: http://www.systemfreeze.com
Version: MyBB 1.4.9
Try revoking the warning.
Revoking the warning won't remove the actions it has placed on the user.
The best plan would just be to wait for the suspension to run out.
well the level was when you reacehed 30% you couldnt post for an hour an it dosnt ware off for three days so what does that mean?
The Warning System isn't something I'm very clued up with, need to play around with it a bit more, but you could try running this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `suspendposting` = '0', `suspensiontime` = '0' WHERE `username` = 'Whoever';

Change Whoever to their username. That should just erase the suspension.
Sorry for the noob question but where would I run this code?
In your host control panel, you should have something called phpMyAdmin, if you click that, you should see a list on the left that has your database on it, choose your database, then you should have a row of tabs along the top of the page, one of which is called SQL, click that, in the text box that you'll see, paste that code in, and press Go.
Ok so heres what I did, I put the code in and pressed go and it said "Affected rows: 0" so then I replaced the "Whoever" with each of there username and it brought back "Affected rows: 1" for each user. So does that mean it worked? I probly wont really know until they come online and get the PM I sent I was just wondering if you could tell me sooner. Thanks for the Code it was very helpful Smile
(2009-09-26, 11:24 AM)Skyance Wrote: [ -> ]well the level was when you reacehed 30% you couldnt post for an hour an it dosnt ware off for three days so what does that mean?

The actual suspension will only last an hour its the warning that would expire in 3 days Wink