MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYSQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can i run two forums on one mysql db? beucase i wnt to run them both oon the one so that the users have there accounts on both forums withing regestring twice
On one of the forums, you would have to go through the whole forum code find and replace
".TABLE_PREFIX."users
".TABLE_PREFIX."usergroups
".TABLE_PREFIX."userfields
".TABLE_PREFIX."privatemessages
with the table names of your other database. It's quite a bit of work.
DennisTT Wrote:On one of the forums, you would have to go through the whole forum code find and replace
".TABLE_PREFIX."users
".TABLE_PREFIX."usergroups
".TABLE_PREFIX."userfields
".TABLE_PREFIX."privatemessages
with the table names of your other database. It's quite a bit of work.
dear denis
is it possible to change policy of making query?
if there is a way to store all of tables names in constants (defin) it was very well.
i saw some of softwares that do this,.

this way all of queries must alter to this format : "select * from ".TABLE_USERS." where ...
and also another sugestion
a constant that store name of script that runed. for example top of all of pages: thisscript="private.php"

be beauty
imei
About a year ago I suggested that USERS_TABLE, USERGROUPS_TABLE, etc like how phpBB does it (it's a lot easier then to modify), but Chris said that TABLE_PREFIX was enough.
And Chris thinks differently now - however it is going to be a fair amount of work to do this.

Basically we'd stick with the table prefix system but in init.php, we'd apply the table prefix before newly defined constants for table names - then anyone with a bit of experience in PHP can go and edit them. We'd do it like this so that advanced people can do it, because otherwise it is a bit dangerous to go playing around with that sort of stuff.

Chris