MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: There was a problem communicating with the mod version server.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just noticed this when i clicked on plugin updates (There was a problem communicating with the mod version server.) never use to get this but i have not been around for a while
Hmm, you're the second person to report this within the last 24 hours, I'll double check it isn't actually a problem on our end.

Edit: I can't connect either so I 'think' it is an issue on our end.
I can confirm this, i get the same exact error.
ok so than i am good and i should just wait for it to be fixed thanks for the fast replys
Actually it seems some people can connect so I dunno Toungue We'll have to wait and see Toungue
Well, on another site it worked, so probably just a fluke Smile
Ok then no big-ie just thought i should say somthing
See i was up dating some stuff and all i updated before noticing this was mybb 1.4.8 to 1.4.9 and google seo 1.1.4 to 1.1.6 but i never cheek before i did the updates just wanted to make sure something i did did not go wrong
i have two more questions now that i am updating stuff right now i am using php 5.2.9-2 and my sql 5.1.34 and i was told that mybb verion 1.4.9 would work with php 5.3 so is this still good to go 2. I also noticed mysql 5.4 would this work or just go to 5.1.39
I am also having this problem I thought it was just me but guess not
@Howman 1.4.9 isn't PHP 5.3.0 compatible, no. We made a slight mistake, instead of saying 1.4.9 would be 5.3.0 compatible, we should have said the next maintenance release will be 5.3.0 compatible... it was planned for 1.4.9 but then 1.4.9 was changed at short notice to a security release, so the next maintenance release will be 5,3.0 compatible Smile I haven't heard anything about MySQL 5.4 not working, I assume it will.
ok thanks matt i know that i made a post some where eles about php 5.3 and Ryan Gordon listed changes that could be made to 1.4.8 to work with php 5.3 so i could just use those if i want to use php 5.3 thanks again matt
Pages: 1 2