MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost Theme / Template when upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well I am very pleased with myself.

At the start of the week I didn't have a clue about SQL, but I've managed to upgrade to 1.4.9 without crashing my forum Big Grin All thanks to the great help on this forum.

So now I come to you with another issue.

Whilst my forum is running, it seems to have lost some of its themes / templates.

Namely, all the fancy red and black buttons to create new threads, reply, edit etc. Same with the user CP.

Now I did take a backup before hand in dmp format. Is there anyway for me to rectify this?
Are ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ CHMOD to 777?? Have you tried clearing your browser cache?? Ctrl+F5.
Yep, just checked. Both directories are 777 and I just cleared my browsing data and cache.
Anyone any ideas?
Make sure the url of the images is correct.
I'm sorry, how do I do that? If you can advise where I need to look and check?
What's your URL??
Of my forum? www.vampirecounts.net Smile
Your site refer to the default images directory for MyBB. You need to check where you put your custom images.
I see. I hope they wouldn't have been deleted when I did the upgrade.....

Is there anywhere I can search in my backup to where the custom images were located? Either that or I'll have to start hunting through my directory as I didn't originally upload them.
I deleted my previous post as I've realised what you've done now.

It seems you've been using the normal ./images/ folder as the image directory for your theme, instead of a new folder in ./images/, which is how it should be. It also looks like, to upgrade, you uploaded the whole 1.4.9 package, thus overwriting the images in the ./images/ folder, particularly the buttons in ./images/english/... should be an easy fix to just reupload the images you used.
Pages: 1 2 3 4