MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Starting with free host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A month? I pay that a year without a domain :p. But thanks!
The only host i trust with 1 time payments is e3b.org no other.
Does depend on the nature of your site mostly. I started with free hosting. If it wasn't for the fact that I exceeded the host's limits (which is when I moved to paid shared hosting, and I soon exceeded the limits there too), I'd probably still be on free hosting without a domain.
About Free Web Hosting Soon I Am Going To Create One Toungue
I Just Need A Team Toungue
Unfortunately French is my worst subject Sad.
The only thing a free host can't provide you is a money back guarantee. Wink
Indeed. I do start all my new projects on a free host and once they reach the limits (means they get enough traffic to slow down the site and make a certain ammount out of advertisement) I port them to paid hosting.
What I can not recommend are free domains. A domain is something people do remember, I always start with a .de or .com domain - never change domains, it's terrible...

For paid hosting I myself recommend hostgator.com
(2009-09-27, 06:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-27, 06:47 PM)nyunyu Wrote: [ -> ]Reason why is because when you want to upgrade or maybe the host got problem, you have less chances of getting your files back and most of the time free host will charge you for backups.

There are plenty of free hosts that give you full FTP etc access... Undecided

Sure, I just saying if the host got problem like sudden death like most free host usually does. Nevertheless, there are still plenty established free host available, just need a bit of good research. FTP has no use when your host is down.
bplaced.net has an excellent uptime Smile
Recommended free host.
I found a website where you need to let people clink on links to get points. You can exhange the points for a host. But how can I let people clink on my link? I already tried browsershots and Twitter. Twitter is really good but I need to have more and faster points Toungue.

Do you have any tips?

Thanks,
Shell
Pages: 1 2 3