MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prompt user before template update during upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a good amount of template mods that I would like to retain during an upgrade. I'd like the installer to have the option to skip reverting templates and make the template changes as part of a list so we can make manual changes as needed.
I always thought it only reverted them to the 'new default' if they were already default, and if an edited templates needed to be reverted, it'd show under the Updated Templates section in the ACP... or am I wrong??
I dunno, seems that when I run an upgrade, I loose my edited headers and such.
Well, after all the upgrades I've done, on my own forums and others, it's never lost edits... to be honest most of the template edits that the upgrade has had to do, that I can think of right now, are templates that probably haven't been edited anyway. I think the most major template to need reverting was the footer, when we changed the copyright code, but mine wasn't reverted as I'd made other edits to it previously.
It never overwrites modified templates. You have to manually update or revert those yourself after the upgrade in the ACP.
weird, guess i was doing someting out of the ordinary then. user error I suppose