MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rich Text Editor problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i am having trouble with my Text Editor, if i use Default or Office 2007, in IE 8 the Content Box goes larger then what it is meant to so it covers the Post Options "Signature: Include your signature. (registered users only) Bit but if i click compatibility icon to make it view in IE 7 it is fine, and same with Mozilla Firefox it works fine.

As i am in IE 8 now and this forum is using the same Rich Text Editor and it is Fine no problems

Please can some one help

Regards,
Aaron
Open up the template and change the width.
(2009-09-28, 12:05 AM)xiofire Wrote: [ -> ]Open up the template and change the width.

What template file do i edit?
I don't know the name, but a bit of logical searching should work...
(2009-09-28, 12:09 AM)xiofire Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know the name, but a bit of logical searching should work...

lol i will have a go Smile
I am new to MyBB Sad and have no clue what width / height i need to adjust to get the Rich Text Editor so the content box doesnt go taller than the office 2007 blue background i have attached a screenshot to show you exactly what happens.

[attachment=15532]

Cheers
Aaron
This is just some weird issue, happens all the time :/
I think you should try to edit:

newreply and newthread templates:

<textarea id="message" name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" >{$message}</textarea>

Change the rows and the cols value.
Hey i changed the Rows and it makes the White text box go smaller and the blue but it still overlaps the blue background,

How come i am replying on this thread with same text editor as i have on my forum and i have the overlap but this forum doesnt?

EDIT: Fixed it Smile i changed the cols to cols=80 Smile and works perfect cheers guys for all your help it is weird hehe i will get used to this Smile and then i will try and make mky own theme it cant be that hard replacing images Smile and changing CSS and html as i already know html and css Smile