MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging 2 established forum with both have its own members and contents (vb -> mybb)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to know if this can be done.

I have forum A (vbulletin) with 2000 members and was established on 2005
I have forum B (mybb) with 50 members and was established on 2009
I want to merge forum A into forum B (vb -> mybb) and combined its users.

Can I merge these 2 forum without losing its members?
I was asking because both forums are having same user id number and afraid I'm losing some members in case any conflict arise.

Am I safe to run merge system and merge these 2 forums?
Hope to see some help in here.

Thank you.
It should be fine, the reason it's called the merge system and not simply the conversion system is that it can deal with users with the same ID and merge two (or more) existing forums into one, not just convert to a newly installed MyBB forum. As always though, make sure you have backups etc, and I personally would at least test it out on a localhost first before making it live.
Ok Matt, thanks for clarifying that. Sure, I will test it on local server before merging it live.
I will report any findings here then.

Thanks again.
Got some problems.

---------------------
1- I checked on the forum and see all of my private messsages on the old forum was transferred (Private Messages (Unread 0, Total 139)) but when I open inbox, there are nothing inside. I checked sent item and got this:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1054 - Unknown column 'Erin' in 'where clause'
Query:
    SELECT uid, username, usergroup, displaygroup FROM mybb_users WHERE uid IN (Erin,vanesinger,Amn3siA,Yumemi,Zaraki,noejavier,xng84) 

How can I retrieve the messages?
---------------------

2- There was a poll left transferred from the old forum and I can't seems to delete it. It says
"An unknown error has occurred."

Can you help?
1. http://community.mybboard.net/thread-55279.html - although I need to update that file so don't use it just yet.

2. Not really sure about that one.
Thanks, I'll subscribed to the thread. Do post an update if the script is ready for use.