MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.4.9 - Error 8192
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I called up the root directory (not the install directory) after uploading the MyBB files I received error 8192.

According to a recent thread this error was common for PHP 5.3 but the error should be eliminated with the 1.4.9 release.

In this thread Tomm M posted a patch to fix the problem. I applied the patch and it did indeed fix the error.

This error seems to have been carried over into 1.4.9.
I wanted to add an update. I installed PHP 5.2.11, then installed a clean instance of MyBB. Everything installed with no problem.

I then switched back to PHP 5.3 and loaded up a clean install, this time pointing to the /install directory. I received the following error message.

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\mybb2\inc\class_core.php on line 163

All this did was confirm that PHP 5.3 support is not included in the 1.4.9 release.
As 1.4.9 was changed at the last minute to a security only release, due to a high risk vulnerability, the bug fixes were pushed to the next maintenance release. Instead of saying it'll be fixed for 1.4.9 we should have said it'll be fixed for the next maintenance release, so that's our bad; it was initially planned to be in 1.4.9 though.

As the 1.4.9 upgrade required a change to ./inc/class_core.php (as all updates do), assuming you didn't make the manual changes for the upgrade, you would have overwritten the 5.3.0 changes made to class_core.php, if you make them again, it'll be OK.