MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Real Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm converting from SMF which has a field for Real Name. Since my forums are a secondary function to the community, the forums need a way to show the real name of the user. While we ask everyone to register with a username of their real name, there were a few hold outs.

Everyone in the member list and in the actual forum posts though are identified by their real name. The username is only used when they are logging into the forums.

Is there any way for a similar functionality in myBB either via it's core features or possibly a plugin that I haven't found.
You could use a custom profile field, and make it required so it has to be filled out on the registration page, if this is what you're after Smile We could also find a way to make the real name show in the posts and other places around the forum, some of that may need a plugin though.
(2009-09-29, 02:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You could use a custom profile field, and make it required so it has to be filled out on the registration page, if this is what you're after Smile We could also find a way to make the real name show in the posts and other places around the forum, some of that may need a plugin though.

I'm sure that would work fine. I'm not adverse to writing a plugin to create this functionality for myself. I just need to learn a little more about plugin development and all the spots that the username shows up were I'd like it to be use the alternate name field.

Thanks.