MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I dont' get why...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
People tell about their free hosts. Doesn't more accounts stress the server?
In theory but most people on free hosts have sites that are static. And, if they are dynamic they're small enough to not really have any effect on the server.
I like to keep my small and alive. Our cpu is like 3/4 power all the time.
Well also free hosts usually stay alive through advertisements. So the more people that visit the site the more money they make to get better servers. And, since not everyone is going to get hosting it helps.
Yea i see that i just don't get the total logic. If i am trying to keep my site alive, it depends on my host not getting flooded.
Well, that's where you buy hosting Toungue.
Well in theory if they have their numbers and business model worked out then each new member should on average increase their advertising revenue enough to cover their hosting so it should be sustainable to keep growing as much as possible.

In reality though people normally don't put this much forethought into their host....
(2009-09-29, 11:19 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that's where you buy hosting Toungue.

free atm tbh
Free hosts expand just like paid hosts. I started with a small VPS, then moved to rented dedicated, and now I build my own servers and ship them to my datacenter. Big Grin