MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good News Bad News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The bad news I guess is first.

HackForums.net is closed. My server was rooted this past weekend and to be honest...without my paypal account and with other problems I have had with owning the site I have decided to close it. I reached and Alexa 11k rank and 1.4 million posts. It was my biggest forum and website success. I started it April 2007 so that's nearly 2 1/2 years I sweated into that site. Before I did lose my PP account I was making over $1500 a month from the site and it was still growing. It's unfortunate but without the income to justify all the effort and time it's not worth keeping. So HF is done.

On to the good news.

Mybb Central will now take priority in my schedule. Since it's my #2 earning site I am going to work on it more and more so I can hopefully get higher earnings. I have a lot of projects and I know people have been just waiting for me to do more work. I'll probably start taking on client work again too.

At this moment I am facing a personal financial crisis due to the loss of paypal. I don't blame anyone but myself. I like working from home even though I make less than I would from a job. However there is a minimum I must maintain just to pay bills.

Anyways...I thought to share as I am sure people are going to notice HF is gone. So that should clear things up.
HF was a good site! I found it to be one of the most useful for its category.
It's a shame that paypal is creating so many issues on your part.
That's a shame.. HF is one of the biggest MyBB forum out there..
wow, very sad to hear. I am sure your keeping backups of the site to get it running one day again hopefully?

Isn't there any other advertising and payment options you could use?
Why don't you try to sell HF? Or open WHF? (Yes i saw that thread b4 it closed)
I have one offer right now. I would be happy to sell it. And I don't want to reopen it. I want to do other projects. HF has imho run it's course for me. I feel I took it as far as I could.
I find it a little funny that you changed the sections right before you close it really Toungue

But are you opening WHF? Because that was my main reason for joining HF.
That sucks for ya.. good luck with MyBBSource. Smile
(2009-09-30, 01:38 AM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]That sucks for ya.. good luck with MyBBSource. Smile

Wrong site Dalton... MyBBCentral you mean Toungue
yeah HF has all the best mybb plugins ever.. wish you all the luck for mybbcentral.. best library of plugins! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4