MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i can't search by IP range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when searching for users in the admin, i am unable to use the wildcard to search for users with a specific IP.

for example, if i put in 122.169.78.90 as last known ip, i get the users just fine, but when i try 122.169.* i get no users found.

am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks!
I've noticed this too, when I search for IPs in the Mod CP sometimes I get no results found even though I've got that IP by clicking 'Logged' in a post, so I know it's been used, and sometimes it's the full IP, no wildcards... I'll have a dig at the code and see if I can see if it's a bug or not.
I was about to create a new thread asking "How to..." use the IP Search option in the Mod CP.

It's always the same:

Quote:Sorry, there were no results found with the criteria you selected.

For both: Search Users, search posts.

The "Who is" or "Look Up' are not real good also.

Thanks Matt, I'm subscribing to this thread.

NOTE: 1.4.10 here
Never worked right since 1.4x. They need to fix this.
@Sammyed yeah I just searched the IP you posted with and it said no results which clearly there is as I got that IP from one of your posts... guess it's in need of a bug report, could have sworn I'd mentioned it somewhere already though... maybe it was in the staff forum.
I think no one has bothered with an official bug report because just saying "IP search doesn't work" isn't much of a help imho. I normally take the time to narrow down the problem. I know I reported problems though early in 1.4x branch so it's frustrating that some problems still exist. There was never issues with 1.2x IP searching and imho the whole longipaddress column is stupid waste of space. If I find the time I'll look deeper into this but what a pain in the lime it will be. So much doesn't work right there. You have to also run seperate phpmyadmin queries to actually see what results should be and then try and figure out where the code problem exists. It's probably in functions.php.

Also there are issues in admincp side as well as modcp too. A big mess and staff should just look deeper into it all even without an official report.
I know at one point it worked if you had 123.123.123.* but not if you had more than one *, so 123.123.*.* would give this error, then that was fixed and everything worked, then it seemed to break again... I'll go through old chat logs to see when it was working properly to see what version that was and compare code changes.