MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making a mobile theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to make an iPhone theme for my forum.

What I was planning to do was use a javascript function to reroute it to the iphone version if the user is using an iphone.

What I'm not sure how to do is create the actual theme. Because it's a mobile theme i need to unclutter it and so was wondering what I would need to include in it. Also, would it be worth using this as a template, or is to far out to be worth modding and will take longer than writing from scratch with Dashcode or something.
bump.
As for the theme, I would just minimize it as much a possible. I.E. just take out most of the main features that would slow it down, but not so many that you cant do anything on the forum.
I was actually thinking of designing a mobile theme for my site that I am making for iPod and iPhone users, and I was thinking of making a mobile theme for it, since I just got my iPod Touch.

I have absolutely no idea how to use javascript to reroute to the mobile version though. I know it is possible, as YouTube and Gamespot use it for the Wii browser. But I know nothing about javascript so I wouldnt be able to help you with that part Undecided
What I try to do is the following:

- Fixed width; non-resizable.
- As few images as possible; mainly browser-rendered items.
- Horizontal postbit is a must, very thin though.
- Remove ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that will stretch the page/be forced onto multiple lines.

Do the above and you should be rolling.