MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 32 guests seems to be happening all this week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
umm hey guys i got a question
Is it normal that there are 32 guests each day around the same time
Depends, do they all have a similar IP?? I had this happen a few times, I'd suddenly get a load of guests, sometimes all viewing the same page, with similar IPs.
yes and there coming and just looking in the main index page, i thought this was weird since my forum is still quit small
I'd ban the IP, chances are it's a bot of some kind. I usually Google the IP too and see if it's related to spam or email address sniffing or something.
ahhh ... cause i was thinking the same thing as you that someone was trying to do harm to my board for what ever reason
I get this happing to my board but no one joing and no spam so these should be blocked
This could be spam bot operators running scripts utilizing open proxy IP's, run the IP's through Google and you will find out what they are, then ban them if they are blacklisted open proxies.
i am using a proxy killer on registration from mybb central ... so hopefully this will help some what
Probably something like loadimpact.com visiting your site.