MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Now How Would I Do ............!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok i have been realizing that there is more then one plug in not working on my forum i just started up sort of a test forum on my laptop and the pluging update is working.

Is there a way to start a fresh MyBB 1.4.9 getting ride of the plugins but keeping the forums,posts and data then install plugins one at a time

i know that i will loses some stuff like games for the game plugin and my stuff in the download section and i can get that back after i reinstall plugins

i know it is probly a lot of work just want to know if it can be done and the best way to do it

i do have an idea of how but do not know the data base entries i would need to back up and keep

forums and users ect

i hope some help me with this
Just uninstall all the plugins Wink
(2009-10-01, 08:47 PM)blh654 Wrote: [ -> ]Just uninstall all the plugins Wink

it can't be as easy as deactaving and removing plugins cause entrys for the plugins would be left in the data base and in stalling again nothing would have changed

unless turn off all plugs back up data base then start over use data base with plugins off then reinstall plugins

still easyer than what i thought if i can do this
Deactivating plugins keep the database entries. Uninstalling plugins remove them completely.
(2009-10-01, 08:57 PM)blh654 Wrote: [ -> ]Deactivating plugins keep the database entries. Uninstalling plugins remove them completely.

but does this keep some of the old enters left when you tune off so reinstill it would just keep thoes old setting

like right now i know that
trash can plugin is not working
rulespage not working
i got others but those are off the top of my head i got over 100 plugins and in the admin pannle the optmzie data base selection is missing thats just some problames i noticed there may be others
(2009-10-01, 09:06 PM)Howman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-01, 08:57 PM)blh654 Wrote: [ -> ]Deactivating plugins keep the database entries. Uninstalling plugins remove them completely.

but does this keep some of the old enters left when you tune off so reinstill it would just keep thoes old setting

like right now i know that
trash can plugin is not working
rulespage not working
i got others but those are off the top of my head i got over 100 plugins and in the admin pannle the optmzie data base selection is missing thats just some problames i noticed there may be others

Not all my plugins have uninstall some just have Deactivate activate