MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: no attached files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, you can disallow the attaching of files to posts per usergroup or per forum. The attachments will not be uploaded into the db, rather they will be uploaded to the webspace where the MyBB files reside as well.
How can I do this??
An other question: 50mb for the database are sufficient with or without attached files, or also with only name members etc it is quickly full??
anyone explains me how do this??
well if u read this tutorial u might find how to allow or disallow uploading for a certain group

zaher1988 Wrote:(13) - In case u dont want those guys to put attachment set this to NO

regards
Ok I've already seen this from admin panel, but I want that attached files goes on the webspace and not in database.
sangkavr Wrote:I want that attached files goes on the webspace and not in database.
MyBB 1.0 does not store attachments in the database, only information about them. The files themselves will be stored on the webspace. Smile
WDZ Wrote:
sangkavr Wrote:I want that attached files goes on the webspace and not in database.
MyBB 1.0 does not store attachments in the database, only information about them. The files themselves will be stored on the webspace. Smile
I wonder if it would be possible later on to have attachments stored in the database, as that's where I'd rather have them. I don't know about everyone else, but my host doesn't count sql dbases as used disk space.
At this point, there is no option to switch between webspace and database for attachments.
DennisTT Wrote:At this point, there is no option to switch between webspace and database for attachments.

Does this mean that when someone does a backup and restore - especially if restoring a DB from a separate location - the attachments are NOT included in the restored board?
Pages: 1 2