MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I am stuck on what to do next... Need to change UID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really blew it .. I wanted to use another ID.. and I merged my original to the new one.
Would this make a difference on the board? I mean.. I installed with a different address etc.
Is there a way to recuperate the original ID? I loaded an earlier database and still it only sees the newer one.
*Update:
What I would like to do is find the ID in the database and change the registration date. Can I do that and if so how?
As long as you have administrator powers and you edit the inc/config.php file to change this line:
$config['super_admins'] = '1';
To the number that is your new account, then everything should be just fine.
Ok because I have the admin. power and of course I own the forum..LOL I could kick myself for this ..because it looks stupid that I joined Aug.2009 when my users joined in 2008 LOL users&vid=1 appears but uid=534 so that is what I would change the conf. to ='534'; right?
You'll need to change every table that has a uid column in it, you can't just change the users table, there's posts, threads, other stuff, if you want to be uid = 1 again you need to do a bit more.

If you mean you've merged uid = 1 into the uid = 534, so 1 doesn't exist and 534 is linked to all your posts (is that right??), what I personally would do is make another new account that has no posts, change that to uid = 1 in the database, because then you won't need to change anything else, and then merge the current account into this brand new one. Registration date is an easy change which we can do after if that works. Backup your database though before doing this just in case my logic isn't right Toungue
You got it Matt.. that is what happened... When I logged into the site after changing the ID to 534 on the inc/config.php the guest message was coming from the mybb engine..not my ID so I changed that to 534 and it worked again fine.
So... I will make a new ID.. and then come back here when it is done...There is not a UID1 any longer that is correct. I will be back in a few..with the new ID
I am not sure how to change the UID in the database.. I don't know where the information is located.

I have created the new ID ..which is the old one by the way. What I tried to do is use another ID as a backup so I can access my admin.cp just in case .. but everyone knows me by the username I have used for 10 years LOL.
I will check back here often and wait for your response.Toungue

Thank you, I guess I can stop kicking myself LOL.
I just do not know what to do... I have been searching on google for over an hour. Guess I will have to leave it. I cannot find anyplace even here when I search to give me the information I am looking for. Oh well I did it.. guess I have to live with it Sad
You change the UID in the users table in the database... then merge your current account into that new one.
(2009-10-03, 05:02 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You change the UID in the users table in the database... then merge your current account into that new one.

Users table in PHPmyAdmin?
Yes. Find the new user you've made, click the edit button next to it (the pencil icon) change the UID to 1, save, and then merge your current account to that one.
Okay Great... Thank you! So I should change the current value 638 to 1 correct?

It Worked! Now I need to know how to change the reg.date .. LOL it says I registered yesterday.. hehehhe

Solved found the info on the board...
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-32860.html
The time stamp converter is here:
http://www.epochconverter.com/

Yahoo I am back LOL! Thank you so very very much!