MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Broken Avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After doing some migration last time for my forum, I realised some of my users have broken links to their avatars, is there anyway to remove those broken avatars?

Or can I have other solutions such as removing everyone's avatars(calling them to make their own back up first) and then allowing them to upload after removing their avatars.
Check to see if they still are in the /avatar dir.
I see a list of avatars, not sure if it belongs to those broken avatar images though.
If you find this a problem ask your users to remove or change the broken avatar, or do it yourself manually in the ACP.
Miley is right, its the simplest.
(2009-10-02, 10:10 AM)xiaozhu Wrote: [ -> ]Or can I have other solutions such as removing everyone's avatars(calling them to make their own back up first) and then allowing them to upload after removing their avatars.

To do this, I think you need to run SQL query. I hope this tutorial will help you (there is a SQL query to remove all avatars):

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-44380.html
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `avatar` = '' 

So this will work right?

And... they will still be able to upload avatars after that, right? or will it remove the avatar function permanently?
I'm sure it will not remove the avatar function permanently. Just make sure that you have the correct prefix table.
No, that'll just remove everyone's current avatar.
Okay, thanks!<3