MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: multiple forums on one domain without duplicate code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! Any suggestions on how to go about running multiple forums on the one domain without duplicating all the MyBB code for each forum?
I'm thinking along the lines of this structure:
Mydomain.com/forum1
Mydomain.com/forum2
etc…
Or else as subdomains (forum1.mydomain.com)

I presume I'd have the source files in the root directory and individual configuration files (config.php and settings.php) in each /forum directory?
basically, which files/setting would i need to modify??
Do you want the posts to cross all the boards? If so, just use the same DB info for em all. If not, use different table prefixes like mybb1_ mybb2_ or whatever you want.
I think he means on-the-fly database switching. If that is so, I'll have a plugin done in the next few days. Smile

EDIT: After re-reading your post, separating forums by subdomains will require "duplicate" (individual) MyBB code. Otherwise, a plugin I can developing will allow you to set a default database to use, and allow individual users to set which database him or her wants to "use" (view). If this is what you mean, let me know and I can start work on it.
thanks for the replies. i didn't need cross-posting so i went with the seperate table and cookie prefixes.

to avoid source code code duplication, i had a seperate settings file for each forum.
(2009-10-04, 12:59 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]I think he means on-the-fly database switching. If that is so, I'll have a plugin done in the next few days. Smile

EDIT: After re-reading your post, separating forums by subdomains will require "duplicate" (individual) MyBB code. Otherwise, a plugin I can developing will allow you to set a default database to use, and allow individual users to set which database him or her wants to "use" (view). If this is what you mean, let me know and I can start work on it.

single user DB or??