MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quality Web Hosting with SeraphimLabs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
then i guess im blind because the topic holders website doesn't change color.
It's made with JavaScript though you can do it with html.

<td class="trow1" width="90%"><marquee>Your text here</marquee></td>
<td class="trow2" width="10%" colspan="3">
Just saying that it doesn't fade, which I know requires JavaScript, yet it uses JS. If you're not using any effects imo it's just easier to use CSS.
(2009-10-07, 01:29 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Just saying that it doesn't fade, which I know requires JavaScript, yet it uses JS. If you're not using any effects imo it's just easier to use CSS.

fade what??
Well, at least it didn't get buried thanks to the Javascript discussion.

I've been meaning to re-skin it, the code I used there I originally wrote a couple of years ago for a friend's site and is showing it's age in the back end.

Managing servers and repairing computers is what I am good at, I really don't have that great of an eye for graphics or talent for web programming. It isn't too bad though, while checking out what other people were charging I ran into some pretty awful looking sites.

And yes the prices are a tad on the high side. That's because unlike many hosts, I am not overselling what my server can do and have to make sure that it will at least pay for itself.
(2009-10-08, 05:08 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]Well, at least it didn't get buried thanks to the Javascript discussion.

I've been meaning to re-skin it, the code I used there I originally wrote a couple of years ago for a friend's site and is showing it's age in the back end.

Managing servers and repairing computers is what I am good at, I really don't have that great of an eye for graphics or talent for web programming. It isn't too bad though, while checking out what other people were charging I ran into some pretty awful looking sites.

And yes the prices are a tad on the high side. That's because unlike many hosts, I am not overselling what my server can do and have to make sure that it will at least pay for itself.
well you can find a designer thats willing to do your site for 80 bucks. search through forums and you will find one.
(2009-10-08, 05:08 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]Well, at least it didn't get buried thanks to the Javascript discussion.

>.>

Quote:Managing servers and repairing computers is what I am good at, I really don't have that great of an eye for graphics or talent for web programming. It isn't too bad though, while checking out what other people were charging I ran into some pretty awful looking sites.

Yeah there are worse.. lol..

Quote:And yes the prices are a tad on the high side. That's because unlike many hosts, I am not overselling what my server can do and have to make sure that it will at least pay for itself.

Which isn't a bad business plan at all, imo. I think that all you really need at this point is a redesign.
What I am hoping to do at some point is find out what it takes to use CGI, and redesign my site using a combination of that and PHP so that like a lot of big league hosting companies, the storefront is smoothly integrated into the site content as well as refreshing the layout and skins.

Likely another thing I will do is as my hardware begins to get populated and pay it's own bills instead of coming out of my pocket, I will begin to reduce my monthly rates and will automatically discount all of my existing customers. Although I have no intention to oversell my hardware by offering a deceptive 'unlimited' plan when I know for a fact that it isn't due to hardware limits, it would help keep the ball rolling.
Well without a proper website you will never been taking seriously, atleast not from many.
Oh wow that was horribly embarrasing. Apparently the browser I had been using to look at the site had no problems displaying it correctly, but anything else it came out badly mangled.

I just corrected quite a bit of it, should be much better now.

Thanks for letting me know that there was a problem, that kind of thing can be a nusiance because it won't always show up.

Still working on making Internet Explorer display everything correctly, but it does work as is.
Pages: 1 2