MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Website Showing error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently transfered forum to new server, all files perfectly intact, the issue now is the forum does not show, it gives error on plain white page:

/home/wiidebat/public_html/wii-forum/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php does not exist

But the file does exist when I check in FTP

Do I need to set permissions?
I do believe you have to CMOD a few folders but I cannot remember witch ones. Have you tried to upload a fresh copy of that file?
Ok I have re-uploaded a fresh copy of that file still no luck, here is the url if it helps

http://www.wiidebate.com/wii-forum
Have you tried your hosts online file manager also? It might just be the FTP program that your using that could be messing it up. Plus I don't really see any CMOD problems.
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/CHMOD_Files

CHMOD the language folders and files to 666.
Also please bear in mind I did a straight transfer from server to server, I do not re-install or touch any other settings. I have however chmod all files that need to be chmod from install read me file.
Still make sure the CHMOD is correct. It takes 2 seconds! Did you you chmod the language directories and files to 666 like I asked?
Yes all language was CMOD aswell
If it helps you I also changed in config file from localhost to ip of server and it then gave me this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'wiidebat_forum'@'cl-t024-313cl.privatedns.com' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
I am not sure what else to do apart from chmod which I already have done Sad
well the mysql error isn't a surprise as most servers only allow mysql access from local host.

idk, if it's there and cmoded correctly you'll have to wait for matt. I know this problem has happened before but can't remember the solution.
Can someone have a look into this for me please, I can give site ftp details
Pages: 1 2