MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need some Reviews | Added link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so I am currently making themes. I have one here as a first theme I made. I want to know if its good enough to sell?

Please tell me some improvements I can make to it. (I know about the white on the on off and offlock images.)

I saw around that some people might be wanting a 360 theme.

http://www.lyndonstudios.com/themedb/

So...
1) Is it worth paying for?
2) How much would you pay for it?
3) Would you like more themes like this?
4) Do you prefer themes like;
4a) Simple (Like this one)
4b) Advanced and detailed
4c) HTML/PHP/CSS Overload (vB)?
Always start out with free themes. Get a name for yourself, then make paid ones.
Yeah... btw; I added a link.. I forgot it >.<
Was hoping you would Toungue.

Infranight, of Zynge.net has tons and tons of free themes. They rock. Now he has zynge. Release about 10-11 awesome themes, and people will start buying them. I don't know why people want an excluive theme 12 other people can get?
So... do you think the theme is worth paying for?
Its good. Paying is a little stretch. Keep on realizing, and then someone will request one from you.
1) No, it's not.
2) $0.00
3) If they were free I wouldn't mind.
4) Typically simple, but not CSS/Image edit 'simple'. If everything flows I like anything.

Good start, but you need to customize it a lot more if you're to even consider selling it. I find that starting with the header is always a good step, as it's the most seen part of the board. Plus, those postbit icons look like they're from a phpBB theme.

Make it unique, that's all I can say to sum it up.
I probably wouldn't pay for it because there are themes that are that good for free, you have really just changed the CSS and have not really manufactured any new images.

Start with a portfolio then work onto the paid stuff.
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am going to make around 5-6 themes and see how they go. If they are successful then I may move onto other themes that will be paid for. I also accept requests at any time.

I want to make clear that I am a fan of nice, clean, and simple themes. I am currently learning a lot of HTML & CSS so I can edit and add new features to the themes. Thanks again everyone.
Template edits are probably what will make your paid themes worth it so get good at that. Also, be careful, simple design can sometimes be hard to pull off well......
Pages: 1 2