MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving Hosts/DB's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have my forum on sdeguild.com but it's using freehostia (a free, REALLY SLOW host)

I recently bought btraill.com.

What is the easiest way to put my sdeguild.com forum on a subdomain on btraill.com and have it redirected to sdeguild.com?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Moved to General Support, this isn't Merge System support.

So btraill.com will be on a new host, yeah?? If you change your Board URL and cookie settings to what they'll need to be, you can then move the files and upload a backup of your database to your new host, and edit the database details in ./inc/config.php to point to the new database. Then you can put a .htaccess redirect on the freehostia account to redirect to the new domain.
I can always count on you Matt. Always. You seem to answer all of my questions within 5 minutes of posting.

Thanks! I'll update this thread with any further questions or issues that I may come across.
I couldn't end up doing it. Not sure where I went wrong but I had to re-do everything back to how it was.