MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok here's my problem. I have a complicated internet setup at my house, which results in me not being able to forward ports to my computer, which I need to forward some ports.

I was wondering if there was a way to sort of tunnel past the router, like is it possible to buy a new IP online, and some how connect my computer to that IP via the internet, or maybe that idea is completely impossible Toungue...

So does anyone know a way around tha router? I am also willing to pay for something as well.

Thanks.
You could set you computer to static IP and set that IP as demilitarized which means there are no port restrictions for you Wink.
Yeah, I thought about that, but how would I go about that? I would have to buy the IP right?
I also have a complicated set-up at my house, i go through about 3 routers, PM me I'll give you my MSN and I may be able to help.
(2009-10-05, 07:50 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I would have to buy the IP right?

Yeah contact your service provider. From memory Telstra charges $9 per month for one.... (rip off I know).
(2009-10-05, 07:50 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I thought about that, but how would I go about that? I would have to buy the IP right?

The thing i mentioned as nothing to do with it. No matter what you do people won't see your computers IP Wink. They will always see the modems (which is provided by your ISP).

If you want that to be static though do what Tim said and contact your ISP about buying a static IP.
If you want to bypass the router, then your going to need another modem (assuming you already use a modem).
(2009-10-06, 03:06 AM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to bypass the router, then your going to need another modem (assuming you already use a modem).

You cannot have two modems hooked to the same line, be it cable or dsl. I'm fairly certain that it would require them running another line from the street to your house.

If you need two connections you can get two services. You could get a boradband account and a dsl account, since they use different lines. You could also go with Clear, or other mobile boradband provider.
So why can't you forward ports from the router?
(2009-10-07, 09:37 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]So why can't you forward ports from the router?

He doesn't want to just open ports.

He wants the computers IP to be the public static IP that everyone on the internet will see.
Pages: 1 2