MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your Password Is?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just thinking Rolleyes
is it possible to get
"Your Password Is: --------"
in your edit profile page ?

thanksSmile
This makes no sense at all. A "password" is a secret word/code only known by you. It is absolutely ridiculous to have your password shown to you. What if you arch-enemy was looking? What if someone hacked into your account without needing your password and they saw it? You're supposed to remember passwords. That's the whole point of them.
sorry i said it wrong but yes i totally understand your point,
in the change password box is it possible to show your current password ?
I dont think it is and its still pointless.
Isnt it?

If you leave ur acc open in a ecaffe or something and smb would change it, then it would suck hard.
hmm..
pretty true, i should of thought of that before Toungue
thanks
please lock this thread
(2009-10-05, 03:42 PM)i88power88 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry i said it wrong but yes i totally understand your point,

Absolutely ridiculous.

With the change your password function, you're supposed to remember it.

Quote:in the change password box is it possible to show your current password ?

You didn't even listen to me. Therefore you do not understand my point.
ok and i guess everyone must listen to you 100% of the time?
i don't think so

GTFO
(2009-10-05, 03:42 PM)i88power88 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry i said it wrong but yes i totally understand your point,

It's not. The passwords are salted and hashed. You couldn't undo that even if you wanted to.

How it works to login is that it takes the password you entered...it again salts and hashes it then compares the results.

To do what you want would require saving your password in the database as plain text which is a huge security risk for all your members.

This is just a bad idea. It's up to your members to remember their passwords and it's up to you to keep them secured.
(2009-10-05, 04:14 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not. The passwords are salted and hashed. You couldn't undo that even if you wanted to.

How it works to login is that it takes the password you entered...it again salts and hashes it then compares the results.

To do what you want would require saving your password in the database as plain text which is a huge security risk for all your members.

This is just a bad idea. It's up to your members to remember their passwords and it's up to you to keep them secured.

At least someone knows what I'm talking about. Rolleyes
As I said before, you're supposed to remember it.

Please don't swear at me, i88power88.

ok well that has blown the idea straight out of the window
thanks
(2009-10-05, 04:30 PM)aledTH Wrote: [ -> ]

At least someone knows what I'm talking about. Rolleyes
As I said before, you're supposed to remember it.

Please don't swear at me, i88power88.
,sorry
Pages: 1 2