MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Icons corrupt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so im with mybbnew which is awesome and so far no problems. But for some reason on ALL dark themes the icons are all ... messed up..

Here are just some of the images that are corrupt.

[Image: 212s3ux.jpg]

Any one know why all my dark themes have done this? Obviously its unnoticable on a light theme.
It's because they're GIFs, there's white pixels around the edge. The default icons are PNGs (i.e. the original Famfamfam icon set), and there are also GIF icons edited to work on dark themes, but being on MyBBNew you can use neither of these as you don't have FTP access to upload them.
oh i have same problem with my smileys/emotions
i might try converting there file type....
Toungue
(2009-10-05, 07:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's because they're GIFs, there's white pixels around the edge. The default icons are PNGs (i.e. the original Famfamfam icon set), and there are also GIF icons edited to work on dark themes, but being on MyBBNew you can use neither of these as you don't have FTP access to upload them.

Thanks for the fast response, I can change these images as i have access to alot of these images Smile.
Try a different host with FTP or ask Mybbnew to change the icons... they are the only solutions.

If you're wanting to change hosts I recommend x10hosting combined with a free .co.cc domain. Cpanel, FTP, MyPHPAdmin, and others. It's cool.

EDIT: You posted before I could help... ah well, it doesn't matter.
(2009-10-05, 07:33 PM)aledTH Wrote: [ -> ]Try a different host with FTP or ask Mybbnew to change the icons... they are the only solutions.

If you're wanting to change hosts I recommend x10hosting combined with a free .co.cc domain. Cpanel, FTP, MyPHPAdmin, and others. It's cool.

I won't be changing hosts anytime soon i find mybbnew so be one of the finest forum hosting sites i have have encountered. Thankyou everyone.

EDIT: I changed the star rating file to a png and its still blotchy =|
(2009-10-05, 07:41 PM)Grim Line Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-05, 07:33 PM)aledTH Wrote: [ -> ]Try a different host with FTP or ask Mybbnew to change the icons... they are the only solutions.

I won't be changing hosts anytime soon i find mybbnew so be one of the finest forum hosting sites i have have encountered. Thankyou everyone.

Maybe consider contacting your host?
(2009-10-05, 07:57 PM)aledTH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-05, 07:41 PM)Grim Line Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe consider contacting your host?

Well as a moderator on his site i'm pretty sure that he wont give a damn about this for a while :p I will try and persuade him Smile