MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More calender options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I think MyBB is great but I think there should be more freedom (more options) in the calender. Such as when posting events admins, mods, ect. can post events for only certain user groups. Another thing could be ranged events so the event can span accross multiple days.

Post your comments Smile
One thing I don't get, which might stem from my not using Mybb for more than a month and not fully realizing all the functions within it, is why there is a setting for birthdays being announced on the front page, but not and option for today's events being displayed there as well.

I think my users won't bother using the calendar and adding events in it, unless the public events are shown, like birthdays, on the front page on the occuring day.

Is this not yet a feature, or am I blind?
Daniel Milford Wrote:One thing I don't get, which might stem from my not using Mybb for more than a month and not fully realizing all the functions within it, is why there is a setting for birthdays being announced on the front page, but not and option for today's events being displayed there as well.

I think my users won't bother using the calendar and adding events in it, unless the public events are shown, like birthdays, on the front page on the occuring day.

Is this not yet a feature, or am I blind?
k776 has a mod for it. It works great. I've been using it since he first created it.

The thing that irks me about the calendar is the inability to have recurring events. Like I admin a regional-based forum. If there's a 3-day festival, I have to even the event 3 seperate times. It's annoying.
Isn't that for an old vertion of MyBB?
And "that" would be k776's mod?