MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [ BB-Apps ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB Workshop* Wrote:Hello user!
May I introduce to you today, my new line of applications to modify your MyBB experience! Below I have featured a few of many projects I plan to work on to convert MyBB from a forum only software, into a CMS. What is a CMS? CMS stands for Content Management System. It's a software that can do everything a site would need. Whether that be news, galleries, blogs, forums and much more!

I will post regular updates for these apps right here, and so you can keep up to date with everything I do.

[Image: appblog.png]
MyBlog does what it says on the tin. It allows you and your users to upload blog posts, which keep the community active everyday. Along with doing the small tasks in which you expect a blog to do, I will strive to make it do more. Read the features I am aiming for below...

Features Wrote:
  • Areas - Areas allow the administrator to sort important posts from less important ones. In this case areas may be featured posts through to having important posts on the frontpage.
  • Template Recognition - I plan to have the app to read and recognise your current forum's theme. This makes it easier on everybody as it saves you time designing the blog to fit in with your theme.
  • Tags - Pretty basic. Tags just allow easier searching for posts
  • Twitter - I will be trying to fit Twitter support into the app. This will allow users to Twitter their blog posts.
  • RSS - A very standard component which allows posts to be read through browser toolbars etc.
  • Comments - Because everyone likes to be recognised for their work.

There are a lot more features I may put in through the development stages. I have already started this project, and got the majority done. I won't post screenshots just yet, as there is currently no theme attached except the development one, which isn't very nice looking.

Don't expect a first release of this for a while. I want to perfect the software first before releasing, then your guaranteed that it works to high expectations.

[Image: appgallery.png]
More information released soon...