MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple display groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way I can set users so that they have multiple display groups? Or even have it so that they can just display more than one group image if they belong to more than one group?

Vbulletin allows a user title, a star ranking, and a rank image (group image), but you may display more than one group image at a time on vB.

Thanks in advance!
-Alex
Bump!
How would you decide which display group to show over the other?

The point of a display group is to define just one group which the member is apart of that defines their name style, number of stars etc.
The point is to be able to display multiple images below a user's name. One may say moderator, and one may say something like Developer. I could understand if they were an administrator who lead the development team, and they would only display the administrator image because the other was not significant, but if you are a part of two wholly different teams, how would being able to show that be a bad thing?

I feel you're dismissing my request for support because your software is of the variety that needs no, or has no room for, improvement or modification. That is not to say that I dislike the software, but the way you came off was somewhat rude.

Let me reiterate, it IS hard to decide which group to display for a user when they belong to multiple teams with different purposes. Suppose, just for a second, that someone wanted to display their "Valued Contributor" group image, as well as their "Help Desk Team" group image. I think it would be simple to make a modification for, and I don't think such things are unheard of with forum software.
Quote:The point is to be able to display multiple images below a user's name. One may say moderator, and one may say something like Developer. I could understand if they were an administrator who lead the development team, and they would only display the administrator image because the other was not significant, but if you are a part of two wholly different teams, how would being able to show that be a bad thing?
Whilst that may work for showing multiple group images, and would be fairly easy to modify to have such functionality, what i'm talking about here is is it only the group images which follow through or would you expect things like star images, and name styles to also follow through. Because then you have the problem then of precedence, which groups stars and name style should overwrite the others.

Quote:I feel you're dismissing my request for support because your software is of the variety that needs no, or has no room for, improvement or modification.
That is not what i'm doing - i'm just stating that if we were to implement this, how should the system deal with when a user is apart of multiple display groups, deciding which namestyle to show.
I apologize for misenterpreting.

Quote:only the group images which follow through

Yes, only the group images would be displayed. Along with each "Secondary Usergroup" check box could be another check box to display that group's image in addition to the main display group.

The primary usegroup would still take the group name, stars, etc. assuming users should and would choose the primary usergroup that denotes highest rank. Users should also be allowed to adjust which of their groups images will display if they so choose to allow more than one.
Right now, it's more important that the funcionality of more than one group is given, don't you think so too Wink

SCNR,
FraGe
Erm, no. I don't. I believe that you may expand upon existing features, and that's what improves your software. =]