MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My feedback on your crappy BB script...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Heh. I'm sorry. I just had to.. I know this is getting so old on the internet - but I just had to..

ANYWAY. I've been using message board software before some of you were even born. I used to "BBS" back in the early to mid 80s with a Commodore Vic-20 and 64 computer.. I ran my own BBS at one point as well..

When I was 18 (in 1989) I moved in with the girl of my dreams and had no time for computers - until approximately the time Windows 95 came out. At that point, I was just getting on the internet and discovered www.fordvschevy.com. At the time it was running forum software from UBB (Ultimate Bulletin Board). I was very intrigued and decided to start my own forum at www.80sxchange.com - running (back then) ezBoard (whom I actually started working for later on).

As time went on I tried other forum software - phpBB - which I don't like. Invision Board - which is actually pretty nice - I run it at www.lincolnowners.com - and of course, vBulletin - which I run most of my sites listed at www.madisonross.com on.. My biggest forum success can be found at www.cadillacowners.com.

Over the years, I've tried other forum scripts.. Some I like - like useBB - which I use at www.masterdebating.com (a debate site!), YABB which I use at www.kiaforteforum.com, and even bbPress which I'm preparing to start a few new sites with - like www.phaetonforums.com.

I've used Simple Machines as well - it's nice, but not my cup of tea...

What I'm trying to say here is this... I've been running forums for a long, long time - and more than just the scripts I mentioned in this post.. I'd say the "King" of all forum software is vBulletin - with Invision Board a close second - but MyBB is extremely impressive.. For the prices, nothing, nothing, nothing touches it. But this isn't just one of those scripts that I'm going to say is great "for the price". It's great - period.

I'm in the process of converting all my "free" forums to MyBB. From this point on, I'll be using this script to start new forums. I may even eventually start converting my vBulletin forums.. I'm looking forward to following the progress of MyBB...

Sal C.
www.madisonross.com
My feedback on your crappy BB script...

Hah, that title caught my attention. I must say, MyBB is my favorite alongside vBulletin.
You had me worried there.

Toungue
Thanks for the feedback, Sal - it's always great to hear people loving MyBB! Smile

We've got big plans for MyBB 2.0. Soon, you won't need vBulletin... Shy
(2009-10-07, 02:58 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the feedback, Sal - it's always great to hear people loving MyBB! Smile

We've got big plans for MyBB 2.0. Soon, you won't need vBulletin... Shy

Good because I hate when people say VB is better Toungue
It has some alright features, but the dropdown menus are WAY overdone.
The plugin support on VB is next-to-none; that is the only reason I enjoy posting on well managed VB forums.
Lol when I read the title and the top of the post I thought he was trashing mybb... Lol
That was probably his way of getting the attention of the MyBB team Toungue
Great review even though I at first thought you were one of the people who couldn't see the greatness of mybb Toungue.
Damn you! Got lured in here haha Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4