MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need some help,willing to pay.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need some help with an issue that I am having at one of my forums. I have one Ipb forum that I am looking to convert to MyBB because I love this forum but I have one issue that I desperate need help with. At my Ipb forum I have 2 admin accounts but I have pretended to be different persons. I could get away with it because ipb allows the IP of admins to be hidden. But MyBB does not have this option. Now I tried babjusi's plug-in but that hides the IP of admins totally from posts.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/hide-ip-of...s-in-posts

What I want and desperately need is a plug in that will allow me to change the IP of one of my admin accounts because my other staff members have started to suspect something and if it comes out then I will loose not only them but all the active posters too and I can't afford that as my forum will fade away. I have a very pretty active and large forum with more than 20.000 members and more than 800.000 posts. If someone will come up with such a plug in then I am willing to pay for it.

Roger
There is a setting which disallows members too see IP Addresses.
You can manaually edit the IP for the account, I don't know the exact table/fields off hand but something like this should work:

UPDATE users SET ip='111.111.111.112' WHERE username='admin2'
Hi Roger. I received your pm and as I told you it is doeable althoug a plugin ain''t neccessary. Like KuJoe said above it can be done easily with a few queries at the db like for ex.

UPDATE mybb_posts SET ipaddress = '127.000' WHERE username = 'Roger';

Where this will change all the ip addresses in posts to 127.000 of the username named Roger. You can change the value of the ip and username fields to whatever you want. The same thing goes for mybb_users table where you can change the register ip& the last ip used. But for more I sent you a detailed email.

Let us know how it will go.
(2009-10-07, 09:06 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Roger. I received your pm and as I told you it is doeable althoug a plugin ain''t neccessary. Like KuJoe said above it can be done easily with a few queries at the db like for ex.

Where this will change all the ip addresses in posts to 127.000 of the username named Roger. You can change the value of the ip and username fields to whatever you want. The same thing goes for mybb_users table where you can change the register ip& the last ip used. But for more I sent you a detailed email.

Thanks you. I know you would come through again. I had a test forum set up with MyBB and registered 2 accounts and tried to do what you emailed me but it did not work. And you know how afraid I am to mess around with stuff, especially with the database Big Grin I emailed you all the log in information to my forum and host. Can you do it for me please? I will have other work for you later on for converting and other stuff.
(2009-10-08, 03:09 PM)jbroger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-07, 09:06 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Roger. I received your pm and as I told you it is doeable althoug a plugin ain''t neccessary. Like KuJoe said above it can be done easily with a few queries at the db like for ex.

Thanks you. I know you would come through again. I had a test forum set up with MyBB and registered 2 accounts and tried to do what you emailed me but it did not work. And you know how afraid I am to mess around with stuff, especially with the database Big Grin I emailed you all the log in information to my forum and host. Can you do it for me please? I will have other work for you later on for converting and other stuff.

The queries I emalied you work just fine but the problem was that you had 2 accounts at your test site with the usernames test1 and test2 and according to your email you simply copy/pasted the queries when instead you should have replaced the usernames at my queries with the usernames that you had registered. Anyway, I just changed all the ip''s of test1 account. And it would be best to communicate in private from now on Smile
(2009-10-08, 06:17 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-08, 03:09 PM)jbroger Wrote: [ -> ]

The queries I emalied you work just fine but the problem was that you had 2 accounts at your test site with the usernames test1 and test2 and according to your email you simply copy/pasted the queries when instead you should have replaced the usernames at my queries with the usernames that you had registered. Anyway, I just changed all the ip''s of test1 account. And it would be best to communicate in private from now on Smile

Sorry that it took me so long to answer. Yes it was my mistake for not entering the usernames correctly. You did an outstanding job babjusi.