MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nothing happens when "Options" is clicked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed version 1.4.9 for the first time. I got acquainted with the front and back ends and noticed that when I clicked on "Options" (The blue box) nothing happened. I figured it was because there were no options but thought it was funny the box was there. I went about about installing plugins and themes and I happened to click on "Options" and a dropdown appeared. I don't know why it suddenly started to work but it did and I was happy.

I had another problem with the Quick Reply function stalling or hanging when submitting a post. I thought it was just my browser but I asked one of my members and they were having the same problem so I investigated. I read multiple threads but nothing pertaining to 1.4.9 so I finally decided to upload a fresh version of functions.php and jscripts. This did NOT fix the hang and I also noticed the "Options" button was no longer working. I was about to give up on the quick reply problem when I remembered I had installed google SEO and the functions file was modified. I uploaded that version and presto! Quick Reply was no longer hanging. One problem fixed.

The "Options" button still does not work though. The jscripts are the originals. I tried uploading the jscripts in the Admin folder also but nothing changed.

I have the following plugins installed (In order of first installed):
Akismet (1.2.1) - NOT Activated
Hello World! (1.0) - NOT Activated
Google Analytics (1.3) - Activated
Google SEO (1.1.6) - Activated (All green checks)
Image Resizer & Optimizer with GD (1.1) - Activated
Rules Page (1.1) - NOT Activated
Search Auto-redirect (1.0) - NOT Activated
Referral in Profile (1.1) - Activated
Redirect the members after they activate their account (1.0) - Activated
DiggThis (1.0) - Activated
Steven's Direct Plugin Manager Free (1.0) - Activated
You Got Mail (1.0) - NOT Activated

If there is anything else I can provide please let me know.
No one?
could you link to your forums please?
www.strobistforum.com but it wouldn't do any good for you to look at because the problem is on the admin side.
What browser are you using??
Firefox 3.5. I have tried it on Vista, Ubuntu and Windows 7 with different versions of firefox as well. I don't think it is a browser problem because it worked at one point.
One of my members just pointed something else out to me. When trying to edit a post nothing happens when he clicks the edit link. Same thing for me. I don't know if this is related or not.