MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot add user to user group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created an account separate from my Admin account to use on a daily basis. I assigned myself to the Super Moderator group but the changes only seem to be saving part way.

What's changed:
If I click the list users option under Super Moderators my account comes up.
If I search for users by selecting Super Moderators my account comes up.

What hasn't changed:
On the groups page it shows 0 users in the Super Moderator group.
Post bit displays my acount as a newbie instead of as a Super Moderator.

I cleared the groups cache but nothing changed. I also have another problem with search engine friendly urls which may or may not be related.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?
I found one of the problems. On the user profile page I didn't change "Primary User Group". I changed this to Super Moderator and my posts now display Super Moderator.

On the Mange User Groups page Super Moderators still shows 0 users.
I wanted to add that when I look in the User CP under Brief Account Summary, it shows primary user group as Registered User instead of Super Moderator.
If you set your primary group to Supermod, additional group to registered, and your display group to registered, it should work. If your primary group is registered I'm not sure if you'll have supermod powers (can't check right now) but if your display group is registered, that's what you'll show up as.
Thank you again Matt. I don't know how I missed both of those select boxes for hours then after I noticed the one, which I posted earlier, I continued to miss the second. I must have wasted 2 or 3 hours tweaking and searching. I even setup another site to see if it was something I did wrong during installation.