MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alert Post by Email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear my friends,

Thank you for your always help and support. This time I would like to ask you about how can I set up in the forum to alert any posts on my forum by email. I am looking to hear your kindness. Thank you in advance.
You can't by default, you can only subscribe to forums and threads you post in, not every thread even if you haven't posted in it. Have you thought about just how many emails might be being sent out and that your host may not like it??
Thank you for your kindness comments and suggestion.
I'm also interested in this, but a different flavor. I want to setup a daily summary of all activity to be emailed to users, similar to how Google Groups does it. The "catch" is that my BB is completely private so whatever process is doing the summary will have to connect as a registered user.

See my thread:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-57868.html

Any ideas? Like I said, I don't mind coding something. I was thinking of maybe using PHP curl to connect as a user and pull data from the RSS feed and send emails. Do any MyBB experts think this will work or have a better idea?